Alert Policies specify the rules to send send notifications to one of the registered Notification Channel when an event occurs on a gopaddle resource. Alert Policies can be attached to an existing Container or a running Application.
- A Notification Channel. Check Creating Notifications for more information.
- Source Code or Docker Project based Container
- A running Application
Steps to Create an Alert
- In the left navigation panel, click on Alert Policies and choose Create new alert
- Choose the Resource Type. 4 different resource types are supported :
c) gopaddle Cluster Add-Ons (gopaddle managed add-ons like prometheus, grafana, storidge cio etc)
d) Kube System Services (default kube system services and deployments)
3. Choose the resource name for a Container or an Application resource to which the Alert Policy needs to be attached.
4. Based on the Resource Type choose the corresponding Resource Events.
Available Build Events
- CreateBuild - Triggered when the selected Container is built successfully. Event is not triggered for failed builds.
Available Application/ Add On/ Kube System Events
- ServiceRollingUpdate - Rolling Update Completed
- ServiceRollback - Rollback Initiated
- ApplicationDelete - Application Delete initiated
- BackOff - Service restart failed due to ImagePullBackOff (or) CrashloopBackOff
- ProvisioningFailed - Service Provisioning Failed
- FailedAttachVolume - Failed to Attach Volume
- FailedMountVolume - Failed to Mount Volume
- InvalidEnvironmentVariableNames - Invalid Environment Variable Names
5. Choose one of the pre-registered Notification Channel to send the alerts when an event occurs.