gopaddle supports sending notifications across different channels based on alert policies set.
Supported notification channels
- Amazon SNS
Before setting the alert policies, appropriate notification channels need to be registered.
Steps to register a notification channel
- Click on the profile from the top right navigation bar.
- Choose Notifications and click on the channel type to view and manage notification channels
Registering a PagerDuty channel
a) Login to your PagerDuty account
b) Click on Configurations option from the top navigation bar and choose Services
c) Create a new Service with the below configurations
Integration Type as Use our API directly with Events API v2.
d) Click on Add Service to create a new Service
e) Once the Service is created, click on the Service to view the Service details. Under Integrations tab, choose the Integration Key generated for the Service.
d) In the gopaddle portal, under the PagerDuty notifications tab, enter the PagerDuty Service Name and the Integration Key and click on Add to add the PagerDuty channel.
Registering an SNS Channel
Registering an AWS SNS channel in gopaddle, provides gopaddle the required AWS Account credentials to send notifications to SNS channel. First an IAM User with the necessary access privileges need to be created in the AWS portal. This IAM User credential is used to register the AWS SNS Channel in the gopaddle portal.
- To register an AWS SNS Channel, an IAM user with the following IAM policy and API access needs to be created in the AWS portal.
2. Once the IAM user is created, copy the Access Key and Secret Key
3. In the gopaddle portal, under the SMS notifications tab, enter the AWS Access Key and Secret Key from the previous step and click on Add to add the SNS channel.
Registering a Webhook
To send notifications to a Webhook, the Webhook URL needs to be registered with gopaddle. For more information on creating a Jenkins Webhook for CI/CD pipeline, click here.
In the gopaddle portal, under the Webhook notifications tab, enter an optional Webhook token and the Webhook URL and click Add to add a Webhook channel.