gopaddle integrates with AWS API to provision and centrally manage multiple clusters across multiple Cloud Accounts without having to navigate across different Cloud portals.
Creating an Amazon EKS cluster, requires the associated AWS Cloud Account to be registered. In order to register an AWS Cloud Account, follow the steps here.
Steps to create an Amazon EKS cluster
- Navigate to the Infrastructure option in the left panel and select Clusters
- Choose Create a Cluster and select Create
- Name the cluster, and choose AWS EKS as the Cloud Provider
4. Choose the pre-registered AWS Cloud Account and the Region where the EKS cluster needs to be created.
5. gopaddle creates the required VPC and the subnets to create the EKS cluster. Based on the region selected, it determines the number of availability zones and creates those many subnets in the VPC. Provide the VPC CIDR range and its Subnet CIDR.
6. Creating an EKS cluster requires an IAM role to be associated with the master node and to the node pools in the Cluster as well. Since the IAM policy provided during the AWS Cloud Account registration assumes permissions to create an IAM role, you need to create an IAM role manually by clicking on the Create option next to the Master Role option.
This feature to create IAM Role manually helps keep track of any changes to the IAM Roles with complete transparency.
Follow the steps here to create a master Role and provide the ARN in the Master Role ARN input box.
7. Creating an EKS cluster requires atleast 1 node pool to be created. Name the pool and select the required pool size.
- AWS Key - All the AWS private keys available within the selected region will be listed. If no keys are available, then create a new private Key in AWS console before adding a node pool. To create a private key, follow the AWS documentation on Amazon EC2 key pairs.
- Disk Size - Minimum
- Min Nodes - Minimum Number of nodes in the node pool.
- Max Nodes - Maximum Number of nodes in the node pool.
- Desired Size - The desired number of nodes to be created while creating the node pool. Desired size must be within the min and max node counts.
Node Type (GPU) - Choose GPU for compute intensive workloads like Deep Learning.
- AMI Type - Available type is AL2_x86_64. If GPU node type is selected then additional AL2_x86_64_GPU type will be available.
8. Follow the steps here to create a master Role and provide the ARN in the Nodepool Role ARN input box.
9. At least 1 node pool is required to be added before creating a cluster. Add Node Pool and then click Create